THIS SERIES: A HEALTHY HEART
It is important these lacerations are properly healed, for untreated wounds lead to weakness, infection, and disease in the spiritual realm as well as the natural—and they provide a ‘landing strip’ for the Evil One.
Jesus came to bind up the broken-hearted (Isaiah 61:1); on the Cross He paid the ultimate price so our souls could be healed. In the final attack upon His body, thrusting upwards into the side of the Lord hanging above him, the soldier’s sword penetrated the organs around the heart before entering the heart itself, producing a gush of blood and water. As Jesus' blood was shed, Isaiah’s prophecy was fulfilled.
And we – we have esteemed Him plagued, Smitten of God, and afflicted.
And He is pierced for our transgressions, Bruised for our iniquities,
The chastisement of our peace [is] on Him,
And by His bruise there is healing to us.
[Isaiah 53:4,5 Young’s Literal Translation]
That power of the Spirit is described as ‘dunamis’ in the Greek, which, as well as meaning the ‘ability to perform miracles’, also means ‘moral power and excellence of soul’. We need the Holy Spirit to apply His ‘dunamis’ power to bring His beauty and brilliance to our hearts.
through His Spirit in your inner being
STEPS TO HEALING
2. Ask Him to reveal the wounds you are carrying—this might be a long process, but don’t be tempted to rush; just deal with one thing at a time.
3. Forgive anyone who has sinned against you, whether unwittingly or intentionally. (See the blog post 'The Freedom of Forgiveness'
4. Confess your own sins as the Lord shows you, and ask for His forgiveness.
5. Lay before Him any trauma you have suffered.
6. Pray for the blood of Jesus to cleanse the wounds, cleaning out all debris and infection. Spend some time allowing Him to do this. It may help to listen to scriptures or worship focusing on the blood while you do this.
7. Then ask for the Holy Spirit to pour into your heart again with His resurrection life, & rebuild those waste places, the places long devastated [Isaiah 61:4].
8. Finally, thank Him for His amazing grace!
| || || |
Most readers seem to prefer to get in touch direct, using the 'Get in Touch!' buttons
- please do, I love hearing from people......
Others like the facility to publicly comment under posts, so the public comment option is also available (bottom left).
- please feel free to add your thoughts
Click to read more Blog posts or to find out more about Rhythms of Grace