2. TRUSTING GOD WHEN OTHERS FAIL
We live in a fallen world, and get irritated & frustrated, wounded and discouraged, often by the people closest to us. Their real or perceived shortcomings can directly impinge on our lives: the work colleague who fails in a responsibility, the friend who has betrayed a trust, the unbelieving partner, the rebellious teenager. And sometimes we feel we cannot be the people we were created to be, and fulfil our personal assignments, because of these other factors over which we have no control.
HOW DO WE STAND WHEN WE FEEL WE ARE BEING PULLED DOWN BY THE PEOPLE AROUND US?
- lay down the conviction that we alone are right.
- recognise we also are forgiven sinners, who walk by the grace of God
- be prepared to accept there may be a ‘plank’ in our own eye, that needs removing so we can see clearly [Luke 6:41,42]!
2. Then we must extend forgiveness. That is, we cancel the debt the offender ‘owes’ us, by refusing to hold on to it. As we forgive them we send away the issue which stands between us. You can read more on forgiveness in this post: FORGIVING OTHERS
3. Lastly, we need to believe this key verse:
who have been called according to His purpose.
All things include our partner’s, children’s, friend’s, or colleague’s mistakes and failures. ‘All things’ include deliberate attempts to wound. ‘All things’ include irritating habits. ‘All things’ cover every mistake & failure. ‘All things’ means all things.