THIS SERIES: QUIT WORRYING
The root meaning of the Greek word for ‘repentance’ is to change your way of thinking. To get free from worry we have to be willing to put down our unbelief and lack of trust, and set ourselves to renew our minds, and align ourselves and our thoughts with God.
To build trust in the Lord’s goodness, we can…..
1. Spend some time reflecting on what the Gospels teach us about Jesus. Jesus came to reveal the Father – whatever is true about Jesus, is also true about the Father. Think about how Jesus responded to the different needs around Him ……that was the Father’s response made visible.
2. Take time to read and listen to what well-known speakers have to say about the goodness of God. (You Tube & Amazon are good places to start.)
3. Start to declare the truth you are learning aloud: “God is good – all the time.” Then personalise it: “God is good to me – all the time!”
4. Don’t be side-tracked by your perception of what hasn’t happened, or prayers which seem to have gone unanswered. The Lord has chosen to work in partnership with us – and we’re on a learning curve! Focus instead on the many blessings which fill your life, and the prayers which have been answered, and begin to celebrate them.
5. Search the scriptures for promises about your particular issue. All God’s promises are yes in Christ!
And so through Him the ‘Amen’ is spoken by us to the glory of God.
[2 Corinthians 1:20]
'GOD IS GOOD, HE'S BETTER THAN WE THINK' by Bill Johnson
I haven't read this book - it's on my shopping list!
However, from the many books I have read by this author, and the numerous times I have been blessed by his ministry, I feel confident that it will hold many gems of revelation.
It can be purchased from Amazon* by clicking right.
Click to read more Blog posts or to find out more about Rhythms of Grace